Campus Life Services Customer Charter
Campus Life Services customers include students and their families, summer guests and the campus community.
Our customer charter outlines
- Our customer promise
- Our role
- Our service
- Our contact information
OUR CUSTOMER PROMISE
We listen to our Customers:
- We conduct regular surveys of our customers to help us identify your needs and expectations. These surveys provide valuable data that will help us monitor our progress.
- We hold regular meetings with all our staff to evaluate customer opinions that have been expressed either verbally or in writing and based on the information we receive we aim to implement new procedures that will allow us to improve our services.
We will Be Accountable
- We are ethical in our behaviour in every aspect of our services and we will establish successful relationships with students, summer guests, suppliers, campus community, service users and colleagues.
- We will improve our service and we will continuously monitor our performance against best practice guidelines.
- If you have any comments positive or negative please contact us by using one of our feedback processes.
- We will monitor and analyse the number of complaints and other customer feedback to see how our services and facilities can be continually improved.
- We will be positive and helpful towards our customers, respond promptly to requests and, when asked, provide reasons for any decisions.
When You Complain
- Despite our best efforts, we know that sometimes problems do arise. When you are discussing a problem with a staff member we will be calm and courteous in our approach.
- We will work to resolve the issue and advise you of the outcome within 3 working days of receiving your complaint
We Welcome Feedback
- If we have made a mistake, we will apologise, explain what went wrong and why
- Learn from the experience and look at better ways of doing things
OUR ROLE AT UNIVERSITY OF LIMERICK
The role of Campus Life Services is to develop and manage student residences on a self-funding basis. Each residences is situated in a lovely location while some villages developed in recent years offer captivating views of the river Shannon and surrounding countryside. The villages are a very popular choice with students as they provide them with a safe attractive living environment with all the added benefits of built-in services.
During the summer vacation the facilities of the university including the student residences are used for residential conference and event activity. UL Conference and Sports Campus is a brand name used to market and promote these facilities and services.
The self funding model used to develop the residences also creates the opportunity to develop a range of social and communal facilities on the campus. Whilst these facilities enhance the student experience they also help to create a really pleasant working/living type environment for faculty and staff. The development of shops, retail units, restaurants and social amenities on the campus has forged the creation of a University town.
Campus Life Services is committed to provide our customers with excellent residential facilities and services in a well maintained safe environment. We aim to deliver a consistently high quality service to all our customers and we strive to ensure your stay with us is a memorable experience. As part of our company plan we promise to implement our own quality assurance measures. These measures will give us an indication of our success to progress our objectives, provide leadership in our areas of expertise and improve continually on quality.
Our Service to Students and their families:
- We develop high quality student accommodation in modern attractive residences
- We maintain our facilities to standards that comply with relevant regulatory guidelines
- We provide suitable accommodation for people with disabilities and special needs
- We strive to develop and foster a community spirit amongst our students in residence
- Our staff will communicate with you in a friendly professional manner
- We will treat all our customers fairly, impartially and courteously.
- We will be positive and helpful towards our customers and respond promptly to requests
- We aim to make our web page a primary source of information on our services and facilities
- Working in conjunction with the university and in keeping with the universities environmental policy we have investigated innovative means of reducing waste and strengthening our overall environmental and energy awareness
- We support the mission of the University by providing and managing excellent support facilities and services
Our Service to Summer Guests:
- We provide residential accommodation, catering, meeting room and sports facilities for a variety of events which includes conference delegates, sports participants and visitors
- We provide a Manager to manage your event and the service will include:-
- assistance with the conference bid document
- preparation of budgets, programme planning, meeting room scheduling and sports facility bookings
- co-ordination and planning of the meeting/event from enquiry stage to completion
- we will act as a third party to secure other service providers to meet any needs that UL Conference and Sports Campus is unable to fulfil
- After the event, your Manager will:
- prepare a final financial statement according to the agreed payment schedule
- provide post-conference analysis and evaluation
Our contact information:
Our staff will endeavour to deal with your queries or complaints in an efficient responsive way and we aim to provide you with timely, accurate information at all points of contact. Our normal business hours are 09:00- 17:00 Monday to Friday.
We will make it easy for you to access our services by providing a range of ways to contact us.
Via our website:
If you visit our website www.campuslife.ul.ie you can expect to see relevant, accurate updated information on our services and facilities
If you contact us by email, you can expect that we will respond to your query within 1 working day
If you wish to contact us by phone, you can expect that we will:-
- Answer your telephone calls quickly
- Answer your call by stating the name of the department and the name of the person
Visit our offices:
If you visit our offices, you can expect that we will:-
- Give you a friendly welcome
- Listen to you respectfully
- Meet you at the agreed time
- Provide a suitable meeting space